< iStitch
Sunday 23 February 2014
Randje per week - Week 8



Click on the picture for a closeup view

I seem to have missed posting a picture of Week 7 - bands 15 and 16 with a second colour (in my case blue to match my side lettering) being introduced in band 16. 

Week 8 of the Randje per week SAL from Soed Idee gave us bands 17 and 18. Band 18 is mainly back stitch or double running stitch. I was unsure how this would work with me stitching one over one as I though the silk floss might disappear under the linen threads but all was ok and I am pleased with the result. It's not too late to join this SAL. Go *here* and leave a comment on any post that you wish to join. All charts can be found by clicking on the Randje per week button in the top right hand corner. There is also a Facebook page where participants are posting their pictures *here* but it is a closed group so you may have to join to see the pictures. 




Click on the picture for a closeup view


I finished stitching Camille Jullien 1897 ages ago but forgot to post a picture. This sampler is very tiny being stitch 1*2 on 64ct white linen. Yes I said 64ct and not only was it such a high count linen it was also an uneven weave which made it extremely difficult to work on. This was stitched with Glorianna's Tudor Silk in Bellagio Red #240. I now need to find the perfect frame for this one.

I almost forgot - check out those gorgeous scissors which my dear friend Valie got for me from M Roulot of Nogent at the Aguilles en fête needlework fair in Paris together with some gorgeous vintage spools. Thank you Valie! 

At last there's a sign of Spring! We have daffodils, crocus and snowdrops flowering in the garden. It's been a very long wet Winter and I am glad to see the back of this awful weather.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


4 Comments: