< iStitch
Thursday 13 March 2014
Sew Adorable - a sneak peek!



I just love teasing? Here's a sneak peek of iStitch Designs latest chart called Sew Adorable which will be available shortly. It is stitched 1*2 on 48ct antique white Gander linen with HDF Baneberry and how cute is that little bow? I found a tutorial on Pinterest that shows how to make these tiny bows using a fork! It's so easy and I will share the link when I release the chart so you too can make these cute little bows. 



I found a piece of 40ct silk gauze in my stash and decided that I would like to stitch a miniature sample on it. I had thought to stitch one of my own designs on it but recently I was gifted a chart called Léontine Chatelard 1898 by Meriem Chauvet of Couleur Tourterelle and thought that this was the perfect pattern. When it's finished it will measure 7cm x 6cm - you can't get any more miniature than that can you?  It wasn't too difficult to stitch on the silk gauze as the holes are quite pronounced although finishing off a thread on the back isn't too easy. The thread is AVAS Soie Surfine and I am using a Bohin 28 needle but I might try another type of needle next time I work on it. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


1 Comments:


  • On 13 March 2014 at 11:53, Blogger Rhona

    Love the colours on your new design. And the bow sets it off perfectly. Pinterest is great for finding amazing tutorials....although I seem to spend way too much time looking at things there! :)